USA Swimming -Scholastic All-America team
See who made the list!
USA Swimming's Scholastic All America Team for 2009-2010 will be based on academic and swimming achievement from July 1, 2009 to June 30, 2010. All applications are due by August 1, 2010 and must include an OFFICIAL transcript for the entire academic year.
• High School student athlete with USA Swimming membership
• Completed Grades 10, 11 or 12
• 3.5 GPA for the current academic year in academic subjects only
• Individual qualifying time in the USA Times database
Achieved qualifying time between July 1, 2009 and June 30,
2010 (see table for qualifying times)
• Open Water swimmers must have competed in the 2010 Open
• Swimmers with disabilities must have competed in the 2009
Summer CanAm Championships or the 2010 Spring
CanAm Championships or the 2009 Deaflympics in Taipei, Taiwan
• Must be nominated by a USA Swimming member
• GPA will be calculated for academic subjects only –
History/Social Studies, English, Mathematics, Laboratory
Science, Foreign Language, Arts (Visual/Performing), Computer
• Grades in Honors (H), Advanced Placement (AP) and
International Baccalaureate (IB) courses will receive one extra
• Must have a minimum of 3.5 GPA on a 4.0 scale – no (+)
or (‐) considered; 4.0 is maximum GPA awarded.
• Three certificates will be awarded to each individual achieving
Scholastic All America status (one for the athlete, one for the
school, and one for the USA Swimming Club).
• A special pin will be sent to each individual earning a 4.0 GPA.
• A special award will be sent to each individual named to the
Scholastic All America team three times.
• Outstanding Achiever recognition will be given to each
individual who places first at the National Championships and
has a 4.0 GPA.
See attached .pdf application form and information.